OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
2021 ANNUAL NIAM ART CONTEST
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE/PROVINCIAL, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
A total of SIX (6) prizes will be awarded with an approximate total retail value of $6600.00 USD. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Restrictions apply. The Sweepstakes will begin at 09:01:01 a.m. (CST) on March 8, 2021 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (CST) on March 29, 2021. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (CST) on March 5, 2021.
1. SPONSOR. The #2021NIAMArtContest (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by the National Institute & Association for Minorities, Inc. (NIAM) of 1017 W. Glen Oaks Lane Suite 105, Mequon, WI 53092 (“Niamusa.org” or “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal ethnic minority resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 5-17 years of age at time of entry (“Applicant” or “Participant”). Ethnic minority, a shared cultural heritage with a distinct ethnic origin from the majority of the public. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
3. THEME. The theme of this contest is Cultural Heritage. Art submissions (digital, painting, sculpture, drawing, etc.) should reflect the Participant’s cultural heritage of cultures, values, and/or traditions. Cultural heritage represents your history and your identity; the bond to the past, present, and the future.
4. CATEGORY. Two (2) categories for Sweepstakes. One (1) category is Children for Participants who are 5-12 years of age at time of entry and one (1) category is Teens for Participants who is 13-17 years of age at time of entry.
5. HOW TO ENTER. Only one (1) entry per person. The Sweepstakes will begin at 09:01:01 a.m. (CST) on March 8, 2021 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (CST) on March 29, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Applicants may enter by submitting their artwork in a digital image (JPEG or PNG file) via email to “email@example.com” using the subject line “2021 NIAM Art Contest: [Title of Art Submission], Age Category: [Children or Teens]”, with a completed and signed Entry Form and Copyright Release Form. All forms are available to download, complete, and sign at www.niamusa.org or NIAM Facebook. Applicants who are under age 18 at the time of submission must have a parent/legal guardian sign their Entry Form and Copyright Release Form. If no forms accompany a submitted artwork, Applicant will be denied entry to the contest. All submissions must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CST on March 5, 2021. All entries must meet Eligibility and Theme and be originally owned by Applicant in concept, design, and execution. Any artwork that may have been used or submitted for previous projects; may have been previously published; or may have won previous awards is NOT acceptable and will be disqualified. Submitted artwork must be signed and dated.
Any artwork must not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion any content that are obscene; pornographic or sexually explicit or suggestive; violent; political contents; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, including but not limited to and any other content; or otherwise objectionable is not acceptable and will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to reject and/or disqualify any Applicant which Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Applicant must not include any artwork or digital image protected by copyright or trademark law, including brand names, logos, graphics, pictures, or text or other property belonging to a third party. Additionally, any artwork or digital image may not violate an individual’s rights, including but not limited to the right to privacy or publicity.
6. ROUNDS AND VOTING. Sweepstakes Period will consist of two (2) rounds.
Round 1 will begin at 09:01:01 a.m. CST on March 8, 2021 and end 11:59:59 p.m. CST on March 15, 2021 on NIAM Facebook. A public post of the Applicant’s artwork will be uploaded for the public to vote by hitting the “LIKE” button on the original Facebook post, and “LIKE” and “FOLLOW” NIAM Facebook. Votes will only be valid if voters “LIKE” and “FOLLOW” NIAM Facebook. Votes may be manually counted for verification purposes. Only one (1) entry per image during Round 1 may be submitted per device or computer. Top five (5) most voted artwork from each Category will proceed to Round 2.
Sponsor has no affiliation or shall reimburse anyone for any acts from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, offering prizes, food, materials, bribery or other inducements to members of the public and/or using any websites or online forums designed to induce individuals or provide other incentives to vote for their Participant, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All votes are subject to final verification by Sponsor. Use of script, spam or fraudulent account, macro or other automated systems to vote or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such votes will be void for the Participant and/or disqualified. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the identity of the individual who submitted an entry shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion whose decisions shall be final and binding, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information, spam or fraud votes or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of One (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
7. PRIZE AND ODDS. The award of a prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $1000.00 check from NIAM in the stated category (Children: 5-12 and Teens: 13-17), One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $700.00 check from NIAM in the stated category (Children: 5-12 and Teens: 13-17), and One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $500.00 check from NIAM in the stated category (Children: 5-12 and Teens: 13-17). In the event of a tie, Sponsor will identify the applicable winner(s) based on the number of valid votes. Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than the number of prizes specified if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Applicants. The prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions by the winners are allowed. Sweepstakes Entities (as defined in Section 11) reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. Prize Winners are solely responsible for payment of all federal, state/provincial and local taxes on the prize value awarded and for any costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
The Participants selected as Prize Provisional Winners (as defined in Section 8) may be required to provide their valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim the prize (U.S. residents only). As a condition of receiving a prize, the Prize Provisional Winners may be required to complete, sign and have notarized an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within five (5) business days of date of sender’s notification postmark. Failure of the Prize Provisional Winners to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release or the return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or failure of the Prize Provisional Winners to claim a prize or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification, the forfeiture of their interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to substitute Prize Provisional Winners to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries.
Total ARV of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes: $6600.00 USD.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATIONS AND ACCEPTANCE. Voting count from among all eligible entries received will be conducted during regular business hours on or about April 2, 2021 to select SIX (6) Prize Winners, THREE (3) per Category. The voting will be conducted as follows: Top three (3) Winners will be selected based on the number of valid votes received per image per Category as shown on the voting web page. The Sponsor’s promotion team will attempt to contact the selected Prize Provisional Winners via the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter Sweepstakes during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. CST). If any Prize Provisional Winner does not respond to the emailed notification according to the directions in the emailed notification within forty-eight (48) hours of the time the email was sent by Sponsor’s promotion team, then that Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Prize Provisional Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Prize Provisional Winners that the Sponsor successfully contacts personally by email and claims their prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Prize Winners.
A Prize Winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize by returning the prize. The return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or a Prize Winner’s failure to otherwise comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Prize Winner from among all remaining eligible entries received. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their respective advertising and promotional agencies to use a Prize Winner’s name, address (city and state/province), and photo, image and/or likeness for any commercial, publicity or promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
A PARTICIPANT, INCLUDING A PROVISIONAL WINNER, IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
9. PARTICIPATION. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for the prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
10. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. Each person who enters this Sweepstakes represents and warrants to Sponsor as follows: (i) the Applicant, including the artwork is the Applicant’s own original work, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the artwork and entry form submission is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the description response on entry form submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the artwork and entry form submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the submission requirements set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third-party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
11. RELEASE. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and successors and assigns of all of the foregoing companies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, loss of enjoyment, or any other harm whatsoever arising out of: (1) participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the quality, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; or (3) any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
12. DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY. By entering, Participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), the theft of prize(s) or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any Participant’s or third person’s computer or mobile device and/or their contents, related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prize(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible Participant’s received as of the date of termination. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITES, APPS, ENTRY PAGES AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
13. TYPOGRAPHIC, PRINTING OR OTHER ERRORS. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes.
14. SWEEPSTAKES WINNER LIST REQUEST. To request the names of the Prize Winners (available after April 2, 2021) or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Grand Prize Winner, or a copy of these Official Rules, or any combination of the foregoing.
15. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND, TERMINATE OR DISQUALIFY. Sponsor has the ability, without any reason, to disqualify any Participant(s). In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its reasonable control and/or without any reason, Sponsor shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s decision is final and binding on all matters relating to Sweepstakes.
1017 W. Glen Oaks Lane Suite 105, Mequon, WI 53092
+1 (262) 235-3024
© 2021 National Institute & Association For Minorities