OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NIAM Best Hmong Outfit Fashion Contest
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE/PROVINCIAL, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
A total of SIXTEEN (16) prizes will be awarded with an approximate total retail value of $2200.00 USD. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Restrictions apply. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00:01 p.m. (CDT) on October 3, 2020 and end at 02:59:59 p.m. (CDT) on October 3, 2020. All entries must be received no later than 02:59:59 p.m. (CDT) on October 3, 2020.
- SPONSOR: The #NIAMBestHmongOutfitFashionContest (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by NIAMUSA.org “NIAM”, 6300 North 76th Street Suite 207, Milwaukee, WI 53218 (“Niamusa.org” or “Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising or promotional agencies.
- HOW TO ENTER: U.S. residents may enter by submitting their information to email@example.com with “Fashion Contest” on the subject line no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (CDT) on September 30, 2020. Only One (1) entry per person per category during the Sweepstakes may be submitted. Participant(s) may enter in more than ONE (1) category if they qualify, but participant(s) must wear a different Hmong outfit for each category. Categories to sweepstakes are Kids (17 & under), Women (18+), Men (18+), and Partner/Family (2 or more people) (the “Categories”).
Participant(s) can only join One (1) group in the Partner/Family category. Participants cannot sign up in multiple groups in the Partner/Family category. Failure to comply, will lead to disqualification of the participant and/or all groups.
During the Sweepstakes, 5XEN will be hosting the 5XEN Hmong Fashion Show. Participants are NOT allowed to wear the same Hmong outfits/clothes/jewelry/attire designated/assigned to them from any 5XEN vendor(s) that will be used/worn in the 5XEN Hmong Fashion Show. Failure to comply will lead to disqualification.
Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the identity of the individual who submitted an entry shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion whose decisions shall be final and binding, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
- PRIZE AND ODDS: The award of a prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $250.00 check from NIAM in the stated Categories, One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $150.00 check from NIAM in the stated Categories, One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $100.00 check from NIAM in the stated Categories, and One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $50.00 check from NIAM in the stated Categories. The Prize Provisional Winners in the Partner/Family category will receive One (1) check per group. One (1) Group of Prize Winners will receive a $250.00 check from NIAM in the Partner/Family category, One (1) Group of Prize Winners will receive a $150.00 check from NIAM in the Partner/Family category, One (1) Group of Prize Winners will receive a $100.00 check from NIAM in the Partner/Family category, and One (1) Group of Prize Winners will receive a $50.00 check from NIAM in the Partner/Family category.
The participants selected as Prize Provisional Winners (as defined in Section 5) may be required to provide their valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim the prize (U.S. residents only). As a condition of receiving a prize, the Prize Provisional Winners may be required to complete, sign and have notarized an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within Five (5) business days of date of sender’s notification postmark. Failure of the Prize Provisional Winners to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release or the return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or failure of the Prize Provisional Winners to claim a prize or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification, the forfeiture of their interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to substitute Prize Provisional Winners to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries.
Total ARV of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes: $2200.00 USD.
- WINNER NOTIFICATIONS AND ACCEPTANCE: Voting count from among all eligible entries received will be conducted during Sweepstakes Period to select FOUR (4) Prize Winners from each Categories with a total of Sixteen (16) Prize Winners. The voting will be conducted as follows: Top Sixteen Winners will be selected based on the number of votes received. The Sponsor’s promotion team will announce the prize winners during the Sweepstakes and Sweepstakes Period. Prize Provisional Winner must be present to claim their prize. If any Prize Provisional Winner is not present during the announcement, then that Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Prize Provisional Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Prize Provisional Winners that the Sponsor successfully announce and claims their Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Prize Winners.
A Prize Winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize by returning the prize. The return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or a Prize Winner’s failure to otherwise comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Prize Winner from among all remaining eligible entries received. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their respective advertising and promotional agencies to use a Prize Winner’s name, address (city and state/province), and photo, image and/or likeness for any commercial, publicity or promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
A PARTICIPANT, INCLUDING A PROVISIONAL WINNER, IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- PARTICIPATION: By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for the prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and successors and assigns of all of the foregoing companies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, loss of enjoyment, or any other harm whatsoever arising out of: (1) participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the quality, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; or (3) any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
- DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY: By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), the theft of prize(s) or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant’s or third person’s computer or mobile device and/or their contents, related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prize(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITES, APPS, ENTRY PAGES AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES WINNER LIST REQUEST: To request the names of the Prize Winners (available after October 3, 2020) or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Grand Prize Winner, or a copy of these Official Rules, or any combination of the foregoing.
- NIAM HAS THE SOLE DISCRETION AND ABILITY, WITHOUT ANY REASON, TO DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT(S) AND/OR STOP THE CONTEST.
6300 North 76th Street Suite 207, Milwaukee WI 53218
+1 (262) 235-3024
© 2020 National Institute & Association For Minorities