OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NIAM EMBROIDERY CONTEST FOR MOTHERS
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE/PROVINCIAL, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
A total of three (3) prizes will be awarded with an approximate total retail value of $2200.00 USD. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Restrictions apply. The Sweepstakes will begin at 11:59:59 a.m. (CDT) on September 5, 2020 and end at 3:59:59 p.m. (CDT) on September 5, 2020. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (CDT) on August 29, 2020.
- SPONSOR: The #NIAMEmbroidery Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by NIAMUSA.org “NIAM”, 6300 North 76th Street Suite 207, Milwaukee, WI 53218 (“Niamusa.org” or “Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who meet the requirements of the sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
- HOW TO ENTER: Only One (1) entry per embroidery during the Sweepstakes may be submitted per person. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (CDT) on August 29, 2020 at NIAM’s Official Office, 6300 North 76th Street Suite 207, Milwaukee, WI 53218.
Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the identity of the individual who submitted an entry shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion whose decisions shall be final and binding, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of One (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZE AND ODDS: The award of a prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $1000.00 check from NIAM, One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $700.00 check from NIAM, and One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $500.00 check from NIAM. The prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions by the winners are allowed. Sweepstakes Entities (as defined in Section 7) reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. Prize Winners are solely responsible for payment of all federal, state/provincial, and local taxes on the prize value awarded and for any costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
The participants selected as Prize Provisional Winners (as defined in Section 5) may be required to provide their valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim the prize (U.S. residents only). As a condition of receiving a prize, the Prize Provisional Winners may be required to complete, sign and have notarized an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, which must be returned via mail, email or hand delivery within Five (5) business days of date of sender’s notification postmark. Failure of the Prize Provisional Winners to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release or the return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or failure of the Prize Provisional Winners to claim a prize or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification, the forfeiture of their interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to substitute Prize Provisional Winners to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries.
Total ARV of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes: $2200.00 USD.
- WINNER NOTIFICATIONS AND ACCEPTANCE: Voting count from among all eligible entries received will be conducted during regular business hours on or about September 5, 2020 to select THREE (3) Prize Winners. The voting will be conducted as follows: Top THREE (3) Winners will be selected based on the number of votes received per embroidery as shown at the NIAM Resource Fair. The Sponsor’s promotion team will attempt to contact the selected Prize Provisional Winners via email and/or phone call during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. CDT) using the contact information provided on the selected Prize Provisional Winners’ entry forms. If any Prize Provisional Winner does not respond to the notification according to the directions in the notification within Forty-Eight (48) hours of the time the email and/or phone call was sent by Sponsor’s promotion team, then that Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Prize Provisional Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Prize Provisional Winners that the Sponsor successfully contacts personally and claims their Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Prize Winners. Top THREE (3) winners selected will forfeit their embroidery to Sponsor.
A Prize Winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize by returning the prize. The return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or a Prize Winner’s failure to otherwise comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Prize Winner from among all remaining eligible entries received. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their respective advertising and promotional agencies to use a Prize Winner’s name, address (city and state/province), and photo, image and/or likeness for any commercial, publicity or promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
A PARTICIPANT, INCLUDING A PROVISIONAL WINNER, IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- PARTICIPATION: By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for the prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and successors and assigns of all of the foregoing companies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, loss of enjoyment, or any other harm whatsoever arising out of: (1) participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the quality, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; or (3) any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
- DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY: By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), the theft of prize(s) or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant’s or third person’s computer or mobile device and/or their contents, related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prize(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITES, APPS, ENTRY PAGES AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES WINNER LIST REQUEST: To request the names of the Prize Winners (available after September 5, 2020) or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Grand Prize Winner, or a copy of these Official Rules, or any combination of the foregoing.
- NIAM HAS THE SOLE DISCRETION AND ABILITY, WITHOUT ANY REASON, TO DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT(S) AND/OR STOP THE CONTEST.
6300 North 76th Street Suite 207, Milwaukee WI 53218
+1 (262) 235-3024
© 2020 National Institute & Association For Minorities