OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
2021 NIAM COOKERY CLASS
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE/PROVINCIAL, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
A total of four (4) prizes will be awarded with an approximate total retail value of $100.00 USD. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Restrictions apply. The Sweepstakes will begin at 01:01:00 p.m. (CST) on February 26, 2021 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (CST) on March 27, 2021. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (CST) on March 12, 2021.
1. SPONSOR. The #2021NIAMCookery (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by the National Institute & Association for Minorities, Inc. (NIAM) of 1017 W. Glen Oaks Lane Suite 105, Mequon, WI 53092 (“Niamusa.org” or “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. Subject to the additional limitations set forth. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal minority residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who is over 16 years of age at time of entry (“Participant”). Participants who are under age 18 at the time of submission must have a parent/legal guardian consent. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Only one (1) entry per person per one (1) household. The Sweepstakes will begin at 01:01:00 p.m. (CST) on February 26, 2021 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (CST) on March 27, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Participants may enter by completing one (1) online Entry Form to receive products for ingredients AND/OR submit one (1) digital image (JPEG or PNG format) to be entered in raffle drawing. Digital image must include the completed dish with the Participant. Raffle is only for registered Participants who received ingredients from Sponsor. Sponsor will provide all forms to download, complete, and sign. Participants who are under age 18 at the time of submission must have a parent/legal guardian consent and verify their Entry Form. All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on March 12, 2021 or until no available spots. All entries must meet Eligibility, and forms and digital image must be originally owned by Participant in concept, design, and execution. Any digital image that may have been used or submitted for previous projects; may have been previously published; or may have won previous awards is not acceptable and will be disqualified.
Any digital image must not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion any content that are obscene; pornographic or sexually explicit or suggestive; violent; political contents; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, including but not limited to and any other content; or otherwise objectionable is not acceptable and will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to reject and/or disqualify any Participant which Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Participant must not include any digital image protected by copyright or trademark law, including brand names, logos, graphics, pictures, or text or other property belonging to a third party. Additionally, any digital image may not violate an individual’s rights, including but not limited to the right to privacy or publicity.
Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the identity of the individual who submitted an entry shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion whose decisions shall be final and binding, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. INGREDIENTS AND DELIVERY. No fee for standard delivery and products of ingredients for registered Participants. Participant must complete Entry Form to receive products by 11:59 p.m. CST on March 12, 2021 or until no available spots. Participant is responsible for providing accurate information to Sponsor. A list of products for Sweepstakes will be provided and purchased by Sponsor from a nonaffiliated third party, Amazon Fresh. Sponsor is not responsible for any products once it is out for delivery by third party. Any issues or damage with these products, Participant must contact Amazon Fresh, not Sponsor. No refund, reimbursement, exchange or compensation for issue/damaged products including wrong delivery address, misplaced package/product(s) or stolen package/product(s). Other products not indicated on purchased ingredient list will not be purchasable by Sponsor. Products purchased are based on availability at the time. These products for Sweepstakes are only deliverable throughout the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and must be a city where Amazon Fresh is available for deliver. If Participant’s location is not within proximity or a city where Amazon Fresh can be delivered, Participant’s entry will be canceled. No refund, reimbursement, exchange or compensation for canceled entry. Participant is responsible to know and understand if Amazon Fresh is deliverable to their location, not Sponsor. No more than one (1) participant in one (1) household may receive these delivered ingredients.
Participants must provide their own kitchen equipment, appliances, tools, internet/wireless connection, and other products not mentioned on ingredient list. Under no circumstances is Sponsor liable or responsible for damage to any participant’s equipment, appliances, tools, internet/wireless connection, personal property or personal injury.
5. RAFFLE PRIZE AND ODDS. The award of a raffle prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Up to Four (4) Raffle Winner(s) will receive a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card. One (1) Raffle Winner will receive a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card, One (1) Raffle Winner will receive a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card, One (1) Raffle Winner will receive a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card, and One (1) Raffle Winner will receive a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card. The prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions by the winners are allowed. Sweepstakes Entities (as defined in Section 9) reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. Raffle Winners are solely responsible for payment of all federal, state/provincial and local taxes on the prize value awarded and for any costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
As a condition of receiving a prize, the Prize Provisional Winners (as defined in Section 6) may be required to complete, sign and have notarized an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within Five (5) business days of date of sender’s notification postmark. Failure of the Prize Provisional Winners to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release or the return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or failure of the Prize Provisional Winners to claim a prize or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification, the forfeiture of their interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to substitute Prize Provisional Winners to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries. Total ARV of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes: $100.00 USD.
6. PRIZE DRAWINGS, WINNER NOTIFICATIONS, AND ACCEPTANCE. Prize Provisional Winners from among all eligible entries received will be conducted during regular business hours on or about March 29, 2021 to randomly draw FOUR (4) Prize Winners. The drawing will be conducted as follows: four (4) names will be randomly selected by Sponsor’s representative. Participants need not to be present to win and/or claim. The Sponsor’s promotion team will attempt to contact the selected Prize Provisional Winners via the authorized account holder of the email address used to register Sweepstakes during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. CST). If any Prize Provisional Winner does not respond to the emailed notification according to the directions in the emailed notification within forty-eight (48) hours of the time the email was sent by Sponsor’s promotion team, then that Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Prize Provisional Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Prize Provisional Winners that the Sponsor successfully contacts personally by email and claims their prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Raffle Prize Winner.
A Raffle Prize Winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize by returning the prize. The return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or a Prize Winner’s failure to otherwise comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Prize Winner from among all remaining eligible entries received. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their respective advertising and promotional agencies to use a Prize Winner’s name, address (city and state/province), and photo, image and/or likeness for any commercial, publicity or promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
A PARTICIPANT, INCLUDING A PROVISIONAL WINNER, IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS.
7. PARTICIPATION. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for the prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
8. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. Each person who enters this Sweepstakes represents and warrants to Sponsor as follows: (i) the Participant, including the digital image and Entry Form is the Participant’s own original work, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the Entry Form and/or digital image submission is wholly original with Participant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the digital image and/or Entry Form submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the Entry Form and/or digital image submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the submission requirements set forth above. Each Participant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third-party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Participant hereunder.
9. RELEASE. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and successors and assigns of all of the foregoing companies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, loss of enjoyment, or any other harm whatsoever arising out of: (1) participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the quality, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; or (3) any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
10. DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY. By entering, Participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), the theft of prize(s) or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any Participant’s or third person’s computer or mobile device and/or their contents, related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prize(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITES, APPS, ENTRY PAGES AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
11. TYPOGRAPHIC, PRINTING OR OTHER ERRORS. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes.
12. SWEEPSTAKES WINNER LIST REQUEST. To request the names of the Raffle Prize Winners (available after March 29, 2021) or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Grand Prize Winner, or a copy of these Official Rules & Regulations, or any combination of the foregoing.
13. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND, TERMINATE OR DISQUALIFY. Sponsor has the ability, without any reason, to disqualify any Participant(s). In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its reasonable control and/or without any reason, Sponsor shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s decision are final and binding on all matters relating to Sweepstakes.
1017 W. Glen Oaks Lane Suite 105
Mequon, WI 53092
© 2021 National Institute & Association For Minorities
[NL1]Copyright Release form too?